Sunday, October 13, 2019

Using Canva for social posts


It really is rather appalling that I've been working in "marketing" for 15 years while my own social media presence and blog languish. I've had a free Canva account for over a year and I've failed to use it for any of my own work. I have no excuse now. There's no full-time job upon which I can foist my complaints about lack on time! I've even replaced my limping, half-functioning iPhone 6 for a Pixel 3a with a good camera.

Training my brain from an iPhone ("Everything is ON. If you don't want it, learn to turn it OFF!) to an Android ("Everything is OFF! I f you want it, track it down and learn to turn it ON!) has been somewhat frustrating. I know it's just a matter of time, and within a few months I will stopped cursing that I have to touch things three times on my Pixel that required only one touch on an iPhone. I happily remind myself the Pixel was $500 less than an iPhone. $500 is a lot of spays, neuters, and gasoline.

You'll be seeing more "shiny" Canva posts in the future, primarily for celebrations and public education. I'll always prefer to use straight photography for the day-to-day. I've also set up G Suite for the rescue, so Debra and I can share records online. Have I told Debra this? Nope. My communication skills in the real world are a bit rusty!

I'll get there.

1 comment: