Saturday, October 12, 2019

Summer is finally started....wait, is it fall?


What incredibly glorious fall weather we've had. My brain says it's just September, but my calendar gives the truth: almost halfway through October! Soon snow will be drifting down, so I've had to write out a check list of everything that MUST be completed while the weather is still warm enough for painting, hauling, and building. On that check list is a "walk for Molly" each day. A walk for Molly is also a walk for me.

I've learned to get zen about the trash a handful of people throw out along my road. Mostly beer bottles and Dunkin Donut cups. It used to make me angry, but that ruined my walk. Now I just accept that while a few people are jerks, the majority of my neighbors are not. I am lucky to have this beautiful road. It's a very small thing to pick up what idle fools discard.


Also on the list is "find homes for kittens." I didn't plan to have visitors this weekend, but a couple who had stopped at one of my roadside furniture sales this summer pulled in the drive yesterday to ask if they could visit cats the next day. I was getting over a cold and wasn't really geared up for visitors, but I knew how comfortable this couple was to talk to, and these kitties need homes! So I said "yes."

They fell in love with not just one...but two! Pip and Widget! These two are neutered and vaccinated, but need to be micro-chipped. I'll call the vet Monday to get them in for a fast tech visit.



Widget's eye looks a bit winky because we were playing hard with them all with feather toys and probably got a bunch of feathers right in his face. His eye is fine now that he's relaxed.


I should be posting more often from now on. Yes, yes, I know I've said that before. However, I've started a part-time position with a marketing company, and I need to exercise what I'm learning. At first I'll just be letting things spill out of my fingers in order to get back in the habit of blogging. After a bit I'll go back to posting about my home on the Feral By Nature blog, and stick to cats here on this blog. However...kitten steps! I need to return to the blogging habit before focusing my storytelling.

The Weather Wizards claim it will be sunny again tomorrow! Let's hope they are accurate in their magical foretelling. I have trim to paint and wood to stack!







1 comment:

  1. They are beautiful kittens and excellent they are getting a home! I did not even know you had another blog!

    ReplyDelete