Saturday, February 25, 2023

Waking up from hibernation

 


It's a Saturday, and life is catching up with me. I have kittens who need adopting, cats who need home, a house that has pending projects, taxes to file, and deadlines looming. Basically, I'm facing the responsibilities of any homeowner (minus the cats of course) who owns a house that is way too big for her -- but is a heck of a lot of fun to live in.

These kitties need to be placed by spring, so I'm finally rousing myself out of my post-COVID infection malaise (I caught it on a multi-store shopping spree -- had my mask on but wasn't good at all about disinfecting my hands). Because I'm super paranoid I've isolated myself for the full two weeks plus that was recommended before health officials decided that 5 days was more important for the economy. and then super-cleaned the house to match my paranoia. 

The store shelves are empty of cough medicine, and three other people who escaped COVID for years are now dealing with it, so I'm guessing our area is now in another wave of infection. It won't make the news (because COVID news doesn't get clicks anymore), so our communities are mostly in the dark about the ups and downs of COVID, any more.

Anyway, enough of my snarkiness! 

A friend of mine and her husband are now blogging their way around the United States, and every time I get a blog update email from her, I'm reminded of my poor neglected blog here. So I've decided to update it. And since it's not one of those SEO-optimized blogs, those few of you who read it can count on my random cattiness (both the feline and attitudinal kind). I'll be sharing a link to a new, "optimized" blog in a few days (weeks?) that's my post-cat-rescue plan to continue helping cats once I've sworn off crawling under bushes and beggering my bank account. Really, I DO need to add a bit to my languishing retirement fund before I hit 65. Kittens are cute and truly provide purpose, but they won't pay my bills when I'm 70. 

At any rate, I'm getting my foster cats up on Petfinder, so if you'd like to see them, they'll be posted here (a few now, and more later!) 
 

2 comments:

  1. Houses are never ending sources of money pit projects. I hope you can add on to your retirement account to have some fun once you can retire. I'm sorry you got covid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see a post from you pop up in my reader. :) Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete