Thursday, February 11, 2021

Turning the clock back on the house, one project at a time

 This is a door knob in the Owl House.





This is when I purchased replacements, in my baby steps to make the house look a bit more like a farmhouse again:




Here are new door knobs, finally up over 2 years later!










I actually found all of the stored-away new door knobs easily, which is a bit of a miracle given how long ago I purchased them. The first old knob was a bear to get off. It has no visible screws so I had to resort to YouTube. The others were easier. The new knobs that looked the simplest were actually the most complicated, and the glass knob, that came with lots of tiny bits and springs, was the easiest.

So that's one more project with pieces rattling around that is out of the way, there are four less small boxes in my closet, and it's one less thing I look at in annoyance every single day.

Next up? Paint the doors, of course (I already painted around the knobs before I installed them).

Buster is unimpressed.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment