Saturday, July 23, 2016

Kittens, kittens, and more kittens!

13 to be exact!


A team member at work got a great new job, and that means I have a bit more travel than expected, so I apologize for the delay in posting. We have 13 kittens in-house, and already five are neutered, thanks to the SPCA of Tompkins County for an affordable option, and also Tracy, who fostered the Lockwood kittens and did the drop-off and pick-up at the SPCA for three males because I had to travel and really didn't want to pass up the offer of 3 $50 spots! The Lockwood kittens got some great exposure to kids who are used to fostering shy kittens. The orange kitten above is one of those.

First, all 13 went off to Cornerstone for FeLV/FIV tests (and did I forget to bring microchips along? I did!) and all tested negative.



Thank you to everyone who is helping with the cost of testing, vaccination, and spay/neuter!


I ordered more vaccine and had a bit of a scare when I paid extra for Saturday delivery and it didn't show up as scheduled. It did arrive Monday and I made the UPS guy wait while I opened it to be sure the vaccine was still cold. Whew...it was, or I would have had to pay another $200 to get a new batch here while submitting a damage claim with UPS.



I'm posting the invoices so folks who donated to help this batch of purrballs can see that their gift is being spent on kittens, and not on a vacation in Costa Rica (as if)!


1 comment:

  1. glad the delivery turned out okay, but you should have words with whomever you paid the rush charge to, because you should get that back.

    ReplyDelete