Saturday, June 28, 2014

The Big Book of Cats - The paper in my life

I am going through paper.

My categories are three:

Paper to discard
Paper with valuable info I need to transfer electronically (adopter email addresses, etc.)
More paper to bring into my life (501c3 tax-exempt application!)

I forced myself into the position of dealing with my piles of paper by selling my upstairs lateral file cabinet (as I continue to make the upstairs suitable to rent) and replacing it with a few wicker file boxes downstairs. Everything I need must ultimately fit there, or in my fire safe.

One thing I found in my purge was my Big Book of Cats. I blew the dust off and brought it out to look at while I wrote thank-you notes to donors.


The Big Book contains the handwritten records for the cats and kittens we adopted out from 2001 (The Kitten Summer from Hell) to 2003. Yes, that's a pretty big book for just two years. (Cue "Memories" music here).

All of those cats are seniors now. Some have passed on. However I hope to get all of the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses (many of which have no doubt changed) into a database. My aims are two: to reconnect where possible, and to track the work we've done over the years.

As I go through the book, I'll post some stories here. Maybe I'll have photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment