Saturday, August 31, 2013

Happy Birthday to EVERYONE!


One of my veterinarians recently got an interactive client pet portal. One of the fun features is that it sends a birthday email to the customer when it is their pet's birthday.

I have taken a LOT of cats and kittens to that veterinarian over the decades. Some of them I took in over a decade ago. Needless to say I get a LOT of birthday notices.

Yesterday was Paddles' (now Gizmo) birthday. I forwarded her birthday notice off to Nancy, who adopted her 10 years ago. I'm going to try to get all my way-back adoptions on a spreadsheet so I can do some more of that.

Some of the notices are sad, because some of the cats have passed. It has, after all, been as much as 15 years for some of those records. But others make me laugh. I thought about stopping by to purge my files of adopted cats. Then I'll no longer receive these notices. But when Paddles' email came through today, I realized there was more gladness than sadness. I'll have to do it at some point. But not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment