Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Baby bears!

Molly was just barking on the porch. At a woodchuck, I assumed, at this hour. I took a deep breath so I would not yell at her (because I do want her to bark at bears) and went outside with a treat. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something big and black, and realized the bear was only thirty feet away in the side yard. I grabbed Molly and ran in the house for my camera, but ended up with the flipvideo camera.

I tried to get some video through the great room window when I saw the first cub come down the tree, so like a typical fool I sprinted for the door and managed to get a little video of mom bear in the grass by the middle three, just a paw on Cub Two, and Cub Three climbing down.

So here you go, so everyone knows I'm not making up my bear tales...

Yes, 2:30 in the afternoon. Bummer.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's pretty brazen of them to visit in the middle of the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would just freak me the heck out of my mind. Weren't you scared?

    ReplyDelete