Friday, October 18, 2019

Thrifting

I love to poke around in thrift and antique stores, but I don't really have any need for more "things." In fact, I just gave away two vintage chairs to kitty-visitors. I'm tired of dusting around chairs no one will ever sit in, that could be treasured and used by someone else.

Sometimes some stilly treasure speaks to me. Something that I can find a use for. For example, this huge porcelain bowl. What do you think? Family-serve pasta? A bowl for a dry sink?


Nah....


When the cats are all out playing together, I have a "back-up food bowl" out for the gang. This was previously a spill-proof stainless-steel pan. However this bowl was just too huge, low, pretty, and cheap to pass up.

I took this photo as soon as I set it down. They all ran over to investigate, then gave disinterested sniffs when they realized it was just Purina Naturals Kitten Chow (not some beloved wet food), and wandered off to play teenage kitten games.



No comments:

Post a Comment